FRESH MANGO LUMPIA
by Myrna Seguismundo
¾ cup white sugar
2 tbsp butter
½ cup dalandan juice
Fresh ripe (sweet) mango, meat only, cut into halves lengthwise
10-12 pcs. crepes
cashew nuts, toasted and crushed
Half cup chocolate eh
1) In a medium hot non-stick pan, caramelize sugar until sugar is amber in color. Add butter and dalandan juice. Simmer for 3 minutes.
2) Add mango and let it cook for a minute, then remove mango from pan. Reduce sauce by half. Remove from heat and let the reduced sauce cool. Set aside.
3) On each piece of the crepe, place one piece of glazed mango and top with some of the reduced sauce. Roll crepe and set aside. Top with nuts or serve chocolate, on the side.
LUMPIA WRAPPER (HOMEMADE CREPES)
2 pcs. eggs
1 cup flour or cornstarch
1 cup fresh milk
1) In a bowl combine eggs, flour or cornstarch and milk. Whisk all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
2) In a pre-heated 5-inch non stick pan over low heat. Ladle a thin layer of batter onto the pan. Immediately tilt pan from side to side to spread mixture evenly around the pan. Cook crepe for about 30 seconds or until done.