by Myrna Segismundo
1 kg beef top round, cut into 2-inch slices
enough water cover meat
2 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pc white onion, minced
1 pc tomato, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 pcs potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 pcs hot dog or chorizo, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch rings
1 pc red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1 pc green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1/4 cup green olives
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Place beef in a pot and pour water. Cover pot and boil over medium heat until beef is tender. Set stock aside.
2) In a preheated pot with oil, sauté garlic, onion and tomato.
3) Add the beef, tomato sauce, soy sauce, reserved stock, potatoes and sausages/hot dogs.
4) Simmer until potatoes are half-tender. Add the bell peppers and olives. Continue cooking until potatoes are done.
5) Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.