Blueberry and Peach Torte
Chef Jill Sandique
1¼ cup butter
2 cups sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3 cups sifted MAYA
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Grease and line 3-nine inch round layer pans. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture alternately with the sour cream. Blend well.
4. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Invert onto a cake rack and cool completely.
5. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Whip until fluffy. Chill until needed.
6. To assemble, place a cake layer on a platter. Spread some whipped cream on the cake. Top with sliced peaches and blueberries. Repeat procedure until all the cake layers are used up. Garnish with more whipped cream and toasted almonds.
7. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve cold.