Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
by Jill Sandique
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. honey or light corn syrup
1/4 cup rolled oats
1-1/3 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup dried sweetened cranberries, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with Glad Cook ‘n’ Bake Paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light. Add egg, vanilla extract and honey or light corn syrup. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, toss together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed butter mixture. Add cranberries and walnuts. Blend well.
4. Scoop cookie dough into balls and place on baking paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until done.
5. Remove and cool completely. Enjoy or store in Gladware Containers.
Makes 22 to 24 pieces.