CHICKEN ROLLS WITH SPINACH FILLING (Sigumchi Namul)
by Jackie Ang-Po
1 pound fresh spinach
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Steam the spinach until wilted. Strain and set aside to cool.
2. Squeeze out the remaining water from the spinach leaves and cut coarsely.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients with the spinach and set aside.
5 chicken breasts, filleted and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
2 Ajinomoto Crispy Fry (ACF) Breading Mix 65g-pack
Oil for deep frying
1. Put 2 tablespoons of the spinach filling in the chicken breast. Roll and secure the edge with a toothpick.
2. In a clean plate, empty one 65g-pack Ajinomoto Crispy Fry Breading Mix. Add in the chicken rolls and dredge with ACF.
3. Pat-off excess ACF, dip in egg and dust again with ACF.
4. Deep Fry in 350 degree oil until golden brown.