CRISPY GARLIC POTATO WEDGES WITH BACON AIOLI
by Jackie Ang-Po
For the Potato Wedges
1 pack Ajinamoto Crispy Fry (ACF): GARLIC variant
1 kg. Large potatoes, washed and cut into wedges skin on oil for frying
For the Bacon Aioli:
2 tbsp vinegar (sherry or white wine vinegar)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 pc. egg yolk
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
6 slices bacon
1 tbsp pickle relish
Few dashes Tabasco
Salt and black pepper
1. Render the bacon in a medium frying pan. Once the bacon is a little crispy, take them out and leave the oil. Cool the bacon then chop into smaller pieces and set aside. Get the bacon oil and set aside as well.
2. Prepare the aioli: place the vinegar, mustard, garlic, and egg yolk in the bowl of a food processor and process to mix well. With the motor running slowly add the bacon oil and olive oil and process until smooth. Remove from the machine and fold in pepperoni, bacon, and pickles. Season with Tabasco, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Put the ACF in a ziplock bag along with the potato wedges
4. Heat up the oil to 375F. Fry the potatoes in hot oil until golden brown.
5. Transfer to a rack or colander lined with paper towels.
6. Serve with the aioli.