MOZZARELLA CHICKEN WITH GRILLED HERBED MUSHROOM
by Jackie Ang-Po
For the Fried Chicken:
1 pack Ajinamoto Crispy Fry
4 PCS. Chicken breast fillets
Oil for frying
For the Herbed Mushroom:
250 grams White button or brown mushrooms
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp basil (finely chopped)
½ tsp parsley (finely chopped)
½ tsp chives (finely chopped)
to taste salt & pepper
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. Make the grilled herbed mushroom: Simply mix the butter, oil and herbs in a bowl. Toss in the mushrooms and grill until slightly brown and tender. Slice thinly Set aside.
2. Make a thin slice across the length of the chicken breast fillet making a “pocket”.
3. Fill this pocket with some mozzarella cheese and sliced mushrooms. Seal the gap with a toothpick.
4. Put the ACF in large bowl.
5. Dredge in ACF, making sure to coat the chicken thoroughly specially the gap..
6. Heat up the oil to 375F. Fry the chicken in hot oil until golden brown. 4-6 minutes.
7. Transfer to a rack or colander lined with paper towels.