SWEET AND SOUR PORK
by Jackie Ang-Po
½ kilo pork tenderloin
1 Ajinomoto Crispy Fry Breading Mix 65g-pack
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice, from the canned pineapple
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 Tbsp water
2 tsp minced garlic
1 red pepper, big
1 green pepper, big
1 small canned pineapple, drained
Oil for sautéing and deep frying
1. Cut pork tenderloin into cubes. Season with salt, pepper and Chinese wine.
2. In a clean bowl, empty one 65g-pack Ajinomoto Crispy Fry Breading Mix. Add in the pork cubes and dredge with ACF.
3. Pat-off excess ACF from the pork cubes then fry until golden.
4. Sautee minced garlic in oil, add the red pepper, green pepper and pineapple.
5. Add the sugar, ketchup, dark soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar.
6. Adjust sauce with a little stock, if needed.
7. Once the mixture boils, add the cornstarch dissolved in water. Let it boil again and pour over the fried tenderloin cubes.