by Ernest Reynoso Gala
1. Preheat oven at 350° F or 175° C. Line 2-9 inch round pans with bake paper or grease one 10-inch Bundt pan or one 9” x 13” x 2” aluminum foil pan.
2. Beat in a bowl at high speed until creamy with mixer; add
1 cup softened Magnolia gold butter salted
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. each of baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
3. When creamy, add 4 whole eggs to total 1 cup eggs.
4. Turn mixer to low speed and add 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour until smooth.
5. Fold in
1/2 cup chopped pitted prunes previously soaked in 1/2 cup brandy or rum (at least 30 minutes)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or cashew or peanuts
3 cups grated carrots with skin on
6. Fold in prepared pans and bake 25 to 30 minutes if using 2-9 inch round pans, 45 minutes if using 9” x 13” x 2” pans, 55 minutes for a 10-inch Bundt pan.
7. Serve or top with: Beat at high speed in a bowl:
225 grams cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners (powdered/icing) sugar; gradually add
1 cup very cold all-purpose cream, beating well after each addition.
8. Note: Mascarpone cheese may also be used in place of cream cheese.