by Ernest Reynoso Gala
1) Prepare 8 one-half-cup-capacity stemmed glasses.
2 cups (tetrapak) all-purpose cream not cold
1 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup softened butter (salted)
3) For garnish:
1 can very cold whipping cream
6 cherries with stems
4) Procedure: Put in Pyrex bowl the all-purpose cream and gelatin. Leave for 5 minutes to “bloom” or expand. Add the chocolate chips. Put chips on top of a saucepan with 2 inches of simmering water (double boiler) and mix until chocolate chips are thoroughly melted. Remove bowl from fire.
5) Put the egg yolks and butter in a blender and pulse 2 minutes. Gradually add hot choco-chip mixture.
6) Return mixture to Pyrex bowl and cook over simmering water, stirring wooden spoon until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
7) Pour into glasses. Put on tray and freeze 1 hour or refrigerate 4 hours until ready to serve (will last one month in freezer, two weeks in the refrigerator).
8) Shake whipping cream in can and press nozzle to fill glasses. Top with syrup and cherries.