Mango Cream Cheesecake
by Ernest Reynoso Gala/Johnlou and Alou Koa
1) Prepare an 8x8x3-inch disposable pan.
1 1/4 cups finely pounded Danish butter cookie crumbs
1/4 cups each of powdered/confectioners sugar and melted butter.
2 tbsp. Knox unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup mango juice
225 grams cream cheese
1 cup very cold all-purpose cream
1/2 cup mango jam
1 pint (2 cups ) mango ice cream,
4) Topping: 1/4 cup Danish butter cookie crumbs.
5) Procedure: Mix crust (see number 2) in a bowl. Spread on bottom of pan. Put plastic cling on top of crust and press well with fingers. Remove cling.
6) Dissolve unflavored gelatin in mango juice over low fire or microwave on high 40 seconds. Set aside.
7) Beat cream cheese, all-purpose cream, mango jam at high speed with a hand mixer until creamy. Add ice cream. When blended gradually add lukewarm gelatin until well mixed. Pour on prepared crust. Level off.
8) Sift butter cookie crumbs on top (see number 4). Freeze until ready to serve. Cut into eight pieces.
Gradually pour gelatin and mix well after each addition (five rounds using a mixer) to prevent it from becoming lumpy and uneven. I suggest freezing no-bake cheesecake 24 hours for best results. Top with fresh or canned fruits just before serving. For giveaways or business use, use foil pans for practical reasons.