Pan-fried Salmon Steaks
by Ernest Reynoso Gala
1. Four pieces salmon steak, 3/4 inch to total of one kilo. Wash and pat dry.
2. Rub each with
one tsp. of rock salt and coarsely ground peppercorn
two tbsps. fresh lemon or calamansi juice.
3. Prepare one 12-inch non-stick frying pan with cover
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup water.
4. For the sauce, put in a blender:
3 egg yolks
2 tsps. prepared mustard
one tsp. chopped fresh dill leaves or 1 tsp. chopped spring onion
Pulse to blend. Gradually add
1/2 cup hot melted butter (salted). Put in a sauceboat.
5. Procedure: Heat pan, add oil. When hot, lower fire and fry fish both sides until brown. Add water, cover pan. Leave steaks five to eight minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter.
6. Garnish with a fresh lemon sliced into four rings or four wedges, or four cut calamansi, fresh dill leaves or spring onion stalk. Serve with sauce on the side.
7. Note: Tanguingue steaks also ideal for above recipe.