Deboned And Stuffed Whole Chicken
by Ernest Reynoso Gala
1 1/2 kilos Magnolia Chicken
1/2 kilo Monterey ground beef or ground pork or ground chicken
1/2 cup each chopped violet onions, pickle relish, grated Cheezee cheese, chopped carrots, raisins, chopped chorizo Bilbao, and Magnolia fresh milk
1 can (8 pieces) Vienna sausage including brine from the can
8 pieces Tasty bread torn into bits
1 1/2 tsps fine salt
1 tsp pepper
Mix in a bowl (Kitchen Aid using paddle or electric mixer) or your hands
Chopping board, cleaver, deboning knife, string and steamer.
HOW TO DEBONE CHICKEN:
1. Cut off the neck completely and the neck skin. Remove chicken ass and fat inside chicken cavity.
2. Expose shoulders, cut at the shoulder joint.
3. Pull down the breast until you reach the tip of the breasts. Disengage the breast.
4. Carefully pull the skin at the back until you reach the bishop’s nose (puet), or chicken ass.
5. Raise the drumstick. Cut at the joint. Do the same with the other drumstick. Debone completely. Leave tip of bones of drumsticks.
6. Raise the chicken. Put flat on the chopping board. Cut off everything on top and around the puet.
7. Remove the flesh from bone to serve as patching (pang-tagpi).
8. Rub chicken with
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsps calamansi juice
9. Stuff chicken well. Tie legs with a string.
10. Wrap chicken well with muslin cloth (available in baby section of department stores). Steam over high heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes or put chicken on roasting rack and roast at 350 F or 175 C for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
3) TO SERVE: Slice chicken in half lengthwise. Slice each half diagonally into 6. Carefully put on Romaine Lettuce lined platter. Garnish with 1/2 kilo each of red and green grapes (do not remove stems from grapes). Serve cold if steamed, hot if roasted. Serves 12.