Mango Frozen Cake
by Ernest Reynoso Gala
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 F or 175 C. Grease one 8x8x2-inch aluminum foil pan with (bottom and sides) softened Magnolia Gold butter.
2) Prepare 12 pieces honey sweet bread or 12 pieces tasty bread.
3) Filling: 3 ripe mangoes. Peel and sliced thinly lengthwise.
1/2 cup melted Magnolia Gold butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup eggs (4 eggs)
1 1/2 cups Magnolia fresh milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix in a Pyrex bowl with wire whisk.
5) Arrange 4 pieces on prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Top with mango slices, 1/3 of custard filling. Repeat two more times. Bake 45 minutes. Note: If oven is unavailable, cover top tightly with foil and steam for 45 minutes. Cool then freeze.
6) Top with 1/4 cup white (granulated) sugar. Blow torch to brown. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
7) Note: Bananas and other fruits may also be used