by Heny Sison
Basic Sweet Dough
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
½ cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup lukewarm fresh milk
1/3 cup Magnolia Gold butter
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 whole eggs
4-1/2 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add lukewarm milk, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, eggs and softened butter.
3. Gradually add the flour. Knead until smooth and elastic.
4. Transfer in a greased bowl. Cover. Let rise in warm place until double, about 1-1/2 hours.
5. Punch down dough. Shape, let rise and bake as directed.
Basic Sweet Dough Recipe
Magnolia Quickmelt or Cheddar Cheese
Softened Magnolia Gold butter
1. Make Basic Sweet Dough Recipe.
2. Cut dough into pieces.
3. Round into balls.
4. Flatten each piece and spread with softened butter.
5. Place sliced cheese on top. Roll into cylinder.
6. Place in cookie sheets lined with greaseproof paper. Let rise until double.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
8. When cool brush with softened butter and roll in sugar.