Cream of Chicken Soup
by Nora Daza
Will make the chicken chunkier next time. This is waaay much better than the supermarket bought soup. Healthy too since there are no preservatives added into it.
1/4 kilo chicken breast with bones
6 cups of water
half onion, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsps butter
1 large onion, chopped
6 tbsps flour
1/2 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste
fresh or dried parsley for garnish
1. Make broth by boiling chicken in water, onion and salt.
2. Once the chicken is done, slice the chicken in cubes or shred it.
3. Set aside both the broth and chicken.
4. In a stock pot, sauté chopped onion in butter. Once transluscent, add the flour and cook over low heat until smooth and bubbly.
5. Add the stock and chicken. Boil until the liquid is thick.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the milk and turn off the heat. There’s no need to boil the soup after the addition of the milk to prevent milk from curdling.
8. Garnish with parsley. Serve hot.