Embutido (Stuffed Pork Roll)
by Nora Daza
1/2 k ground lean pork
1/2 c vienna sausage,diced
1 1/2 tsps salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsps all purpose flour
1/4 c sweet pickle relish
2 raw eggs,beaten
2 hard cooked eggs
2 pcs chorizo de bilbao (pork sausage),diced
1/4 c raisins
1. Combine ground pork,vienna sausage,pickle relish, season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat 2 eggs and add to the meat mixture,then add flour.
3. Spread meat mixture on an 8″x10″ aluminum wrap, with allowance of about 2″ on each side.
4. Arrange slices of hard cooked eggs, pork sausage, and raisins on top of the meat mixture.
5. Roll in aluminum foil closing the ends firmly.
6. Bake at 180C for 1 hour and then put aside to cool at room temperature.
7. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
8. Before serving,remove the aluminum foil and slice. Makes 2 rolls.