recipe by Dorothy MJ Ferreria prep 10 mins cook 30-35 mins yield 32
- 1 tsp Sifted baking soda
- 1 tsp Fine salt
- 2 1/2 cups Sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Rolled/old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Butter , cut into small bits
- 2 Whole eggs graded extra large
- 2 tsps Pure vanilla extract
- ingredients for the filling:
- 300 ml Condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 300 g Bittersweet/semisweet baking chocolate
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line interior of the pans with foil, dull side up. Set aside.
Combine the ingredients for the filling in a thick saucepan. Place over low heat and stir until chocolate has melted. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine soda, salt, flour, oatmeal, white sugar and brown sugar. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and beat until blended.
Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Use 1 portion to cover the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining baking pan.
Divide filling into 2 equal portions, then spread over the crust. Repeat the procedure with the remaining baking pan.
Crumble 1 portion of the remaining crust and use it to cover the chocolate filling. Repeat procedure with the remaining baking pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. The filling will still be quite soft. Chill overnight before slicing into bars.