HONEY WHEAT BREAD
by Heny Sison
16 grams 4 ½ tsp instant yeast
375 grams 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water (105-110°F)
75 grams 1/3 cup honey
375 grams 3 cups EMPEROR WHOLE -WHEAT FLOUR
312.5 grams 2 ½ cups EMPEROR BREAD FLOUR, divided
7.5 grams 1 ½ tsp salt
30 grams 2 tbsp MAGNOLIA NUTRI-OIL PALM OLEIN cooking oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine yeast, lukewarm water and honey. Cover
with plastic cling wrap and let stand for 5 minutes or until you see bubbles
2. Transfer the yeast mixture in the bowl of the mixer.
3. Sift wheat flour and bread flour together 3 times. Set aside.
4. Attach dough hook and on low speed, gradually add the sifted flours. Knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.Continue mixing
until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary to keep dough from
sticking too much.
5. Put oil in a bowl and put the dough in it. Cover loosely and let sit in a
warm place until dough has doubled in volume. For about 1 hour.
6. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a rough 8-inch long rectangle. Put dough into 2-greased 8 ½ by 4 ½ -inch loaf pans. Cover and set aside until doubled in volume for about 30 to 45 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
8. Using a razor make a ¼” deep slash lengthwise on top of each loaf (optional).Bake until browned about 35 minutes. Remove loaves from the pans.
9. Cool on wire racks.